The Maxxis British Motocross Championship will undergo a shake-up in 2017, Dirt Bike Rider has been told.
The premier British motocross series changed its race format in 2016 to a two-moto per class format, and it is set to transform next season with the introduction of a two-stroke British championship as part of the race schedule.
Two-strokes will share the support slot with MXY2 over the course of the eight rounds with each class getting four rounds each. MXY2 will run at the opening two rounds and two-stroke start their championship at Canada Heights on April 30. Both Two-Stroke and MXY2 will be 18-minute motos with all classes getting two races each.
Motocross fans who make the journey to the final round at Foxhill are in for a real treat, with all four classes getting a run out for the series finale.
The full 2017 British Motocross Championship calendar is below.
- March 12 – Culham (MX1, MX2, MXY2)
- April 9 – Lyng (MX1, MX2, MXY2)
- April 30 – Canada Heights (MX1, MX2 and Two-Stroke)
- May 14 – Hawkstone Park (MX1, MX2 and Two-Stroke)
- June 18 – Desertmartin (MX1, MX2, MXY2)
- July 16 – Blaxhall Circuit (MX1, MX2 and Two-Stroke)
- July 30 – Preston Docks (MX1, MX2, MXY2)
- August 27 – Foxhill (MX1, MX2, MXY2 and Two-Stroke)
For entry details, please contact the ACU.