Unfortunately on Sunday night the BTO Sports – KTM team transporter was broken into and the thieves made off with over half of the team’s inventory.
The burglary took place in the Murrieta, CA area (USA), and the team have reached out to Dirt Bike Rider to ask for our support in trying to catch the thieves. Now of course Team DBR aren’t super sleuths but we can ask our friends on the internet – that’s you by the way – to pass this article on.
If the entire industry to comes together via the Internet, social media and any avenues we have, perhaps these thieves can be brought to justice. So hit the share button above or directly on Facebook / Twitter and let’s spread the word.
Most us know what it’s like to have a bike stolen, it’s either happened to you directly or you have a riding mate that has suffered a theft. It’s gut-wrenching.
It’s no different for the pro teams, they hurt in much the same way, only the monetary value of the property taken is often significantly more. In this case the thieves made away with approximately $200,000 in team inventory, ranging from factory parts for the team’s race equipment, down to team staff radio head sets and rider’s personal items.
A number of these items stolen are extremely identifiable, and are one off race team items. Provided below is a list of the key item’s for every industry folk to be on the look out for if possible:
– Factory KTM race parts – not available for purchase and stand out items
– Team wheel sets (black Excel A60 rims, Orange/Carbon Fibre wrapped Talon hubs)
– Team BTO graphics kits, specifically shroud kits (these are 2016 versions that carry the logo’s BTO, KTM, FMF, RTech and FX. They are the only printed version of this in existence)
– FMF TI exhaust, with Carbon Fibre canister tips and orange KTM graphic
– Talon rear sprockets, Orange team color
– RH2 Way radio head sets (8 full radios & head sets, color carbon fibre, brand new from A1)
– ODI oversized bars and white half waffle grips
There were many more parts and items stolen, however the above represent key items for all of our industry friends to be on the look out for. Item’s such as the shroud graphics, are the Factory Effex brand and were one off digital prints for Anaheim 1, and can be easily identified.
Cash Reward $2,500: There is a $2,500 cash reward being offered for any key information leading to the return of the stolen team equipment.
Please help us come together as an industry and catch these thieves. If anyone has any information on the stolen items, or have any tips – please contact either the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department at 951-696-3000 or team BTO Sports directly at email@example.com .