The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team had a very successful night on Saturday for the 12th round of the 2016 Supercross series, held at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California.
Both Zach Osborne and Jason Anderson earned impressive podium finishes in their respective classes. While team-mate Christophe Pourcel sat the night out due to a previous injury.
Zach Osborne was third at the start of his 250SX West heat and propelled himself into the lead by the second lap.
He held strong to the finish to earn his fourth heat win of the year. He pulled the holeshot in the main aboard his Husqvarna FC 250, and led the majority of the race before settling into the second-place spot with three laps to go. He finished second, and moves from fifth to fourth overall in 250SX West rider point standings.
“I had an interesting day,” said Osborne. “I had a big crash in the second practice, but got off to a good start in the heat race, passed into the lead pretty quickly and won.
“I got the holeshot in the main, led 11 laps, and got second. It was a good day, and I was close to winning. The track was pretty basic today, but it almost had to be because the dirt was so sketchy. I’m not disappointed.”
Jason Anderson pulled second at the start of the 450 heat, quickly moved into the lead, and stayed out front until moving to second with two laps to go.
He came out of the gate fourth in the main and survived some hard contact with other riders due to the tricky short start. He manoeuvred his Husqvarna FC 450 into the third-place position in the second lap, and held strong to the finish. He is currently third overall in 450 rider point standings.
“My night went really well,” said Anderson. “I got a good start in the heat race, and the holeshot in the main event, which is unheard of for me this season. I rode good laps by myself the whole time and ended up on the podium.”
450SX Class Results
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM
- Ken Roczen, Clermont, Fla., Suzuki
- Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., Husqvarna
- Chad Reed, Dade City, Fla., Yamaha
- Trey Canard, Edmond, Okla., Honda
- Justin Bogle, Cushing, Okla., Honda
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Kawasaki
- Weston Peick, Wildomar, Calif., Yamaha
- Jake Weimer, Wildomar, Calif., Suzuki
- Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Suzuki
450SX Class Championship Standings
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM – 278
- Ken Roczen, Clermont, Fla., Suzuki – 236
- Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., Husqvarna – 220
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Kawasaki – 200
- Marvin Musquin, Corona, Calif., KTM – 182
- Chad Reed, Dade City, Fla., Yamaha – 178
- Cole Seely, Sherman Oaks, Calif., Honda – 173
- Justin Brayton, Mint Hill, N.C., KTM – 136
- Trey Canard, Edmond, Okla., Honda – 120
- Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., KTM – 105
Western Regional 250SX Class Results
- Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha
- Zach Osborne, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Husqvarna
- Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., Kawasaki
- Christian Craig, Corona, Calif., Honda
- Mitchell Oldenburg, Alvord, Texas, KTM
- Colt Nichols, Muskogee, Okla., Yamaha
- Jordon Smith, Belmont, N.C., Honda
- Kyle Peters, Greensboro, N.C., Honda
- Alex Martin, Millville, Minn., Yamaha
- Michael Leib, Wildomar, Calif., Yamaha
Western Regional 250SX Class Championship Standings
- Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha – 170
- Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., Kawasaki – 154
- Christian Craig, Corona, Calif., Honda – 147
- Zach Osbourne, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Husqvarna – 132
- Colt Nichols, Muskogee, Okla., Yamaha – 132
- Mitchell Oldenburg, Alvord, Texas, KTM – 113
- James Decotis, Peabody, Mass., Honda – 109
- Kyle Peters, Greensboro, N.C., Honda – 100
- Kyle Cunningham, Willow Park, Texas, Suzuki – 78
- Jordon Smith, Belmont, N.C., Honda – 77