Mitchell Oldenburg and the Western Regional 250SX riders returned to action at Levi’s Stadium, the site of Super Bowl 50 just a couple of short months ago, following an enjoyable six-week break.
The Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/KTM rider didn’t show any signs of cobwebs as he scored a top five finish in the Main Event.
Oldenburg started the day qualifying ninth for the evening program. He had a solid heat race where he finished sixth, putting him in good position for the Main Event.
Oldenburg got a decent start in the Main Event but came around the first lap outside the top 10. He went to work over the course of the 15-lap race, eventually working his way to an impressive fifth-place finish.
“It’s a little strange coming back for one race after so long away from racing, but we made it work and came away with a good result,” said Oldenburg. “I’m looking forward to focusing on some outdoor riding and then coming back strong in Vegas.”
After getting this race in, the Western Regional riders will be on break until the final round of the season in at Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas.
The Eastern Regional 250SX class will pick back up next weekend for its fifth round in Indianapolis.
Western Regional 250SX Class Results
- Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha
- Zach Osborne, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Husqvarna
- Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., Kawasaki
- Christian Craig, Corona, Calif., Honda
- Mitchell Oldenburg, Alvord, Texas, KTM
- Colt Nichols, Muskogee, Okla., Yamaha
- Jordon Smith, Belmont, N.C., Honda
- Kyle Peters, Greensboro, N.C., Honda
- Alex Martin, Millville, Minn., Yamaha
- Michael Leib, Wildomar, Calif., Yamaha
Western Regional 250SX Class Championship Standings
- Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha – 170
- Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., Kawasaki – 154
- Christian Craig, Corona, Calif., Honda – 147
- Zach Osbourne, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Husqvarna – 132
- Colt Nichols, Muskogee, Okla., Yamaha – 132
- Mitchell Oldenburg, Alvord, Texas, KTM – 113
- James Decotis, Peabody, Mass., Honda – 109
- Kyle Peters, Greensboro, N.C., Honda – 100
- Kyle Cunningham, Willow Park, Texas, Suzuki – 78
- Jordon Smith, Belmont, N.C., Honda – 77