Dirt Bike Rider has learned that round two of the Michelin MX Nationals due to take place at Landrake this weekend, April 9-10 has been postponed.

After the excellent opening round at Preston Docks last month expectations were high for another great British motocross weekend, this time in Cornwall.

With bad weather hitting the area hard over the past week, and much more of the same due over the course of this week, we understand the organisers have taken an early decision to postpone, although we must stress this hasn’t been officially confirmed.


The series narrowly escaped cancellation at the Preston Docks round when the night before the first day of racing the track was hit with three inches of snow. The MX Nationals were praised at the time for their hard work and organisation to get the races out of the gate. But it looks like this time it’s mission impossible.

When we find out more we’ll update you here on Dirt Bike Rider.

  • Round 1 – 5th/6th March – Preston Docks
  • Round 2 – 9th & 10th April – Landrake
  • Round 3 – 28th/29th May – Duns
  • Round 4 – 23rd & 24th July – Canada Heights
  • Round 5 – 13th & 14th August – Wakes Colne
  • Round 6 – 3rd & 4th September – Hawkstone Park


The MX Nationals has just released a statement, which confirms that the round at Landrake has been postponed…

MX Nationals statement:

Unfortunately the British weather is against us this week and we have made the early decision to postpone Round 2 at Landrake this weekend.

A meeting was run at the circuit yesterday and called off after two blocks of racing with some heavy localized rain hitting the circuit during the day. This left the venue needing a lot of work, and with the forecast being showers all week, it will be impossible to get the circuit and paddock to a place suitable for the championship to take place this coming weekend.

Paul Irwin, MX Nationals Director said: “I’m really disappointed in having to postpone this event. The one thing we can’t control is the weather. With the forecast looking miserable all week, I think the best thing we can do is announce at this early stage, that it’s postponed until a later date.”

An announcement will be made in the next few days with regards the new date for a possible re-run.

All entries will be carried forward to the rescheduled event.