A new-look Canada Heights hosted round three of the Maxxis British Championship powered by Sky Energy Drink and with Steven Lenoir tied on points for the championship lead it was all to play for!

A solid qualifying session from both riders saw Liam qualify 15th and Steven a solid second behind Monster Energy DRT Kawasaki’s Max Anstie.

Both riders got good starts in moto one – Steven was around fifth in the first turn and Liam 10th.


At the end of the first lap Steven was looking to make the pass for third on Jordan Booker while Liam was chasing down Carlton Husband for seventh.

A couple of small mistakes from Liam gave Karro and Bradshaw a chance to pass, dropping Liam to 10th at the halfway mark. Steven, who had passed Booker was in a comfortable third at the chequers and Liam finished 12th.

Both riders had superb starts in the second race, Steven was hot on the heels of race one winner Max Anstie around the first turn, while Liam was right behind series leader Ben Watson on the first lap.

Steven was looking good in second and had a good gap on third placed rider Petar Petrov. Liam was having a battle of his own with the 2014 champion Matiss Karro who just managed to get the better of him on the last lap. Liam took eighth at the finish while Steven took second.

Steven was fast out the gate once again in moto three while Liam was buried mid-pack, but he charged hard and was up to 13th by the halfway stage.

Steven moved himself into third by the halfway mark and had a comfortable gap on fourth. Liam took a solid 12th at the finish while Steven took third, securing second overall and the championship lead heading into round four at Hawkstone Park.

“Today went well. I didn’t ride too great in the last race, but the first two races were good,” said Liam. “I had 12th, eighth and 12th for eighth overall. I’ve gained two spots in the championship and I’m looking to improve at the next round at Hawkstone Park.”

“I qualified second today, so I had a good gate pick for the races,” Steven said. “In the first race was in second behind Kullas, I was faster but could not pass him and took third.

“In the second race I took second, I had a good race, but didn’t ride great. I regrouped and focused for the last race, it was a shame I didn’t have such a great start as I was running the same lap times as Max [Anstie]. I was catching Bryan [Mackenzie] in second but the track was gnarly and there was only one smooth line and I couldn’t pass him.

“I’m super happy to come away with the red plate, it’s amazing! Thank you to everyone behind me this year, I’m looking forward to the next round at Hawkstone Park.”