Revo MXGB bosses have been forced to postpone the season opener until at least May due to Covid-19 restrictions.

MXGB and MX Nationals chiefs are collaborating to prevent date clashes and are working closely together in monitoring the Government updated regulations and FIM calendar to be able to release calendar updates.

Organisers are also working behind the scenes working with their regulatory councils and service providers in readiness for the green light of a first viable calendar start date.

Advertisement

“All parties are working closely with the relevant authorities to get the green light for the start of the 2021 season,” said MXGB boss Gareth Hockey.

“I understand the frustrations of riders wanting to get back racing as soon as possible, however we must ensure we comply with the Government regulations to provide safe and secure events for all.

“Our next review date will be on Thursday, March 11 with any announcements being made after this. I would like to once again thank everyone for their patience whilst we all work to get our sport going.”

MX Nationals chief Paul Irwin added: “I am happy to be working with Gareth and his team to finalise our 2021 calendar and avoid any clashes between championships. We will update our riders in the near future with any alterations to the championship schedule if required.”
 
 

MORE READING...